Step up your BBQ game with the help of @cookingwithnorm!
Super tender Octopus that will make any seafood lover swoon.
WHAT YOU NEED
1 cup dry white wine
1 lemon (cut in half)
Handful of black peppercorns
5 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
1 red wine cork
Dill for garnish
(The night before)
1. Ensure octopus is at room temperature (IMPORTANT!)
2. With a pairing knife, remove head and beak (buried right in the middle of the bottom of the octopus)
3. In a large pot, add 6 cups of water, dry white wine, lemon (squeeze juice in pot and throw leftover in the pot as well),
peppercorns, 3 gloves of garlic, bay leaf and red wine cork. Bring to a boil.
4. Place octopus in boiling mixture and boil for 45-90 minutes. Ready when a knife goes through the octopus easily
5. Remove octopus and store in the fridge
(The day of)
1. Take octopus out of fridge and let it come to room temperature (IMPORTANT!)
2. Heat BBQ (highest setting)
3. Slice octopus into individual tentacles and place in a bag with olive oil, 2 garlic cloves (grated), salt, peper,
and zest of 1 lemon. Mix thoroughly
4. Grill tentacles for about 2 minutes per side
5. Garnish with dill and serve