These finger lickin’, lip smackin’, (arguably!) world famous ribs will 100% earn you the grillmaster of the year award.
WHAT YOU NEED
4 rack of baby back ribs
wood chips (preferrably apple or cherry wood)
Pineapple juice (place in a spritzer)
BBQ sauce (pick your favourite!)
2 cups demara sugar
1/2 cup paprika
4 tbsp garlic powder
4 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp chilli powder
2 tbsp mustard powder
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp black pepper
1. Remove ribs from the fridge and bring to room temperature (IMPORTANT!)
2. Soak wood chips in water for 15 minutes
3. Place wet chips in an oven proof pan and place under your BBQ grill (place off to the side)
4. Light BBQ, but only on the side where the wood chips are (temperature goal: 250°F)
5. Place demara sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chilli powder, mustard powder,
salt and pepper in a container and shake vigourously
6. Remove membrane on the back of the ribs and cover generously with spice rub,
pressing it into the meat with your hands. Let stand for 15 minutes.
7. When wood begins to smoke, place ribs on the grill side that is turned off (IMPORTANT!)
8. Cook for 3 hours, spritzing hourly with pineapple juice
9. Remove ribs form grill. Wrap each rack with heavy duty foil and glaze with BBQ sauce.
Make sure to wrap tightly. Wrap twice if you’re using regular tin foil.
10. Return to grill, this time placing ribs on side that is turned on (IMPORTANT!) for another hour
11. Remove from grill, unwrap and serve.